Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 55: It's the Cool Moments that Make it all Worthwhile.

Hey all,

When I was on the PCP and now the KFB, there are times I lose my focus--times when I ask myself, why am I doing this? It's nice at these times to have what I call a cool moment. One happened yesterday.

It was raining and my son and I headed out to the bus stop to wait for his bus to kindergarten. While we were there talking with some friends of ours who were also waiting for the bus, I saw that on this rainy day my son had put on his shoes instead of his rainboots. So, I asked my friends to watch my son while I raced back to our house to get his boots. When I got back, my friends were amazed at how fast I was. I also realized that before all my training the run between the bus stop and home would have had me breathing pretty heavily, but I wasn't breathing the least bit hard. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty cool.

More tomorrow,

Sean

1 comment: