Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 75: The Camp Endeth

Hey all,

Well, another English camp has come and gone. I had a good time, but very much at the expense of my KFB for a couple of days. I got my strength exercises in, with the exception of J-rope and I completely abandoned my diet--all in the name of a couple of days of fun and food I won't do again for another year.

My body was mad at me for sudenly switching gears, and it was pretty happy when I got right back on my diet this evening. The strange thing is, my mentality toward food, while much improved, is still not a place of health perfection. My mind still sees food as pleasure more than medicine. My cravings had pretty much died down over the last month until we got to the hotel buffet yesterday. My mind screamed, "You are not going to be able to eat this awesome looking food for another year. Get out there and enjoy yourself!"

So, I did. And, now I'm happy and feeling a little guilty at the same time, but the later is countered by how infrequently I do enjoy myself food wise these days. I just eat and get it over with so I can go do something else. I just make sure that something else is fun. Man, it's hard to not equate food with pleasure and comfort. It really is.

Anyway, stream of consciousness complete.

More tomorrow,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment