Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 67: Workout? yeah right...

Hey all,

My son's summer break has begun and it, combined with the fact my wife is working now, and I have earlier work start times, leaves even less time to workout. Yesterday was full of incomplete, interrupted sets and some exercises weren't done at all. If we were at the start of the KFB it would not have been a problem, but with the longer sets, avoiding interruption, especially from a four year old boy who wants to spend time with his daddy, is impossible. Unfortunately, the KFB, with the exception of a few minutes with the ping-pong ball exercises, hasn't attracted my son like the PCP exercises did. So, I can't get him to join in with me like he used to. And, relaxing for the stretches--yeah right.

Ah, whatever, it's just a few days. And, besides, like Bruce Lee often said, we must be like water. Sometimes that water slows to a trickle, but it flows nonetheless. Soon, my son with start daycare and I have a little more time, and I'll get a bike ride out of the deal as I take him there.

I'm mindful about working out. I know I need to workout. This mentality has been a part of me since the PCP. But, like everything else in my life I have to fit it in the best I can. As long as I can look in the mirror and be happy--which I can--things are good.

And when all is said and done, time with my son is more important. I just need to keep it physical (soccer anyone?) when we hang out.

More tomorrow,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. There truly is a balance. Thanks for sharing the Bruce Lee quote.

    ReplyDelete