Friday, July 2, 2010

Dy 47: Patrick's Studio

Hey all,

I went to Patrick's studio yesterday for a workout. As always, it was amazing. There's just something about working out with other people that is energizing. I envy those people who join programs like the PCP with a spouse or buddy. They must have a really good time some days.

And, as always, Patrick and I took the opportunity to play some Street Fighter. The last time we played, I won the most matches, but this time it was Patrick who was shining. He beat me pretty solid. It's nice to have a friend who gives you a good challenge. It was during this game session, Patrick explained something very interesting to me: mirror neurons. You see, when you are in an actual fight or just playing hard in a game of Street Fighter, your brain can't tell the difference. Your body may be sitting down with a game control, but your brain thinks your in a real fight. So, your heart, your sweat glands, everything your brain would normally activate in a fight is turned on. My family sometimes wonders why I'm so sweaty and charged after I play thirty minutes of Street Fighter. Now, I can tell them.

One more thing, Patrick and I did our KFB workout after playing Street Fighter. I was so pumped after we played it was great to have a workout to put all that energy. Kung Fu Body--Yeah!

If you want some idea of what it's like when Partrick and I go a few rounds, check out the comics below. Heh.




More tomorrow,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment