Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 12: Ultra Combos

Hey all,

Today I'll be heading over to Patrick's studio for a workout with another member of the KFB will be there as well. However, that combined with work will leave me with no time for the blog, so I thought I'd get this blog entry out of the way.

In his latest e-mail, Patrick talked about how doing something over and over again thousands of times will make you better at it. This made me think about my jump rope and how I use to be terrible when using it. Now, after jumpng rope every day for months back on the PCP, I've gone from poor to score. I can't do a bunch of tricks, but I can run while jumping which gives me a better cardio workout while jumping. I can also jump on one foot for a while and then switch to the other. These are things I'd thought I'd never do on jump rope day 1. It really is amazing how the body and mind will improve at something given the chance.

Patrick also offered us a video to illustrate his point. We'll I'd like to offer a video in reply. I'm sure if we all practice these moves often enough, we'll get great at them. Pick one, maybe get a friend to help, and get started today. And remember to make that cool wooshing sound before executing each move. Double click for Youtube and a better view. Enjoy!



More tomorrow,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment