Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 4: Questionable Stances, Dizzying Volcanoes, and Doing the Pigeon.

Hey all,

Today's workout was reasonable. I'm still getting used to the positions for each exercise, and it's time consuming. Fortunately, I didn't have to rush off to work today.

The Side Leg Swings still suffer from balance problems, and I tip over after three or four, but I get them done.

The Kung Fu stance left me with question marks over my head bacause I wasn't sure what the benefit was supposed to be. I copied the picture and felt some stretching in my legs. Hmmm, I probably didn't do it right.

The Volcano Stretch, a distant cousin to my arch nemisis the side crunch, made me dizzy. It was a battle to breathe and keep my breakfast down. I know this has to do with inner-ear elements and the fact my body isn't used to the stretching, but that knowledge doesn't change how I felt.

I think I got the Leveraged Twist right, but the Pigeon was a nightmare. I couldn't flatten out and match the picture. So, I ended up doing some twisted version of it.

It also reminded me of this which can't be a good thing:



I find the Meditation semi-relaxing because I have to fight to keep my back straight. I have poor posture you see. I'm supposed to focus on my mind, and I can for maybe the first two minutes, but the remaing three are spent focusing on my back.

Sorry for the negativity, but this program is going into dark places with me. However, they are places that need light,so this is a good thing. What is this blog for if not to vent? All these emotions are part of what I'm going through on this program, right? Most likely this is all just a case of the Week 1 Grumpies as I fit this new program into my life.

Patience, Sean, patience.

More tomorrow,

Sean

1 comment: