Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 2: Patience

Hey all,

I'm feeling good. Who doesn't feel good after a workout? But, I'm also feeling a little snarky.

When I joined the Kung Fu body, I knew it was going to improve my strength, my agility, and my flexibility, although I was not exactly sure in what ways. Of course, this ignorance is part of the fun. However, there are two other things I hope this project improves. My balance and my patience.

Today's first exercise, the side leg swing proved to be a challenge.





Is it something like this?


I lost my balance and had to set my foot down evey two or three swings. And, to be clear, I did the swings as snap kicks while trying to avoid letting my "kicking foot" touch the ground. I don't know if that's right, but that's how it looked to me in the picture. Here's hoping all this swinging straightens me out so I can stand on one foot without almost toppling over someday.

Finally, as I worked out, my time ticked away. I cut all breaks by half and it still took me over an hour to complete the workout. My impatience comes largely because, after the PCP, I cut all my workouts to about thirty minutes. And,of course, there are some other things I would like to do before I head off to work.


Look at him, he's taking bloody forever!

Sigh. I guess I'll just have to try to get up earlier or just be more patient and reprioritize. This program is only three months after all. But all the while, while I worked out today, I kept remembering a scene from the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie where Elizabeth Swan is walking the plank and looking down at the cold water below. Finally, after about two minutes, the first mate, Bo'sun (far left in pic), steps up, shouts "TOO LONG!", and hits the plank so Elizabeth drops into the ocean.
Don't worry. I'll get over it.
More tomorrow,
Sean




No comments:

Post a Comment