Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 8: I'm Probably going to get in Trouble for This, but...

Hey all,

I did my flexibility exercises first and follwed them with my agility exercises. There, I said it. I know we are supposed to do the agility exercises second, and the flexibility third, but I found because my impatience builds to quite a peak at the end of my workout, I was not giving the stretches or the agility the attention they deserve.

Knowing my stretches were done well and out of the way first (even before jump rope), calmed me. I went into my agility exercise still with enough patience to give them focus. Finally, when I rolled into Strength, where I finally did my jump rope, I put all my impatience into it and busted through each set with intesity, but breaks only long enough to catch my breath.

And, just so you all know, I did my Meditation as the absolutely last exercise.

I thought about going into a huge justification speech for my choices today, but I'll just wait and see what Patrick says. He can set me straight if I need to be, but let me tell you, things went much smoother mentally today. I'm going to go into detail about the nature of my impatience in a future blog entry this week.

Also, today was my first taste of muscle failure. I could only get through two sets of Side Leg Swings, and I only managed one push up on the final set of ten.

Well Patrick, let me have it. Did I do good or bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment