Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 5: A Better Day Then and a Better Day Now.


Hey all,


Day five was a better day. Still some impatience, but alot more positive energy flowing through me today. Day four was a pretty down day. It was a down day too when I started the PCP last year. I was in so much muscle pain on day four of the PCP, I thought I would never walk right again.


Maybe it is the fact I did all but my J-ropes indside today. Maybe it is because the workout went smooth without anything too techincal to be done. Maybe it is because I spent the last three days of this blog being snarky and finally got the bulk of it out of my system. And, maybe it is because, while I was cleaning today, I found a plush toy my son loves and has been missing for two weeks. I don't know. What I do know is I feel much better today. Okay, it's probably because I found the plush toy. Nothing quite like being a hero to your child to get the positive juices flowing.

One change today. I've decided to stop listening to music during the flexibility portion of the workout and just focus on breathing. I never listen to music during the Meditation (which was better today too), but I found I'm more patient if I just look inward and calm myself while trying to get the positions right on these stretching techniques.

Well, that's all I got.

More tomorrow,

Sean

1 comment:

  1. I'm finding that exact same thing -- I can't listen to music on the KFB because it's too distracting. On PCP the music was sometimes needed to drive through those exercises, but this is different. I'm finding it to be as much mental as physical. Kind of a "whole body" thing.

    ReplyDelete