Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 19: Sluggish Ooze Monster


Hey all,
The above picture pretty much describes how I felt through my workout today. I woke up so sluggish today, but the reason is clear. I woke up and went back to sleep again. You see, I usually wake up around 6:00 A.M. If I get up, I'm okay. However, if I go back to sleep, I wake up all sluggish and it takes me a while to shake it off. I got through my workout though, all of it. My form on my kicks was pretty sloppy though, and my uppercuts felt like they we're happening in slow motion. On the upside my push-ups were strong.
My diet chugs along. I've lost a little weight, but not much. However, that's not what this program is really about is it. Loving my yogurt and milk. No carbs in the evening, of course.
I was going to go to Patrick's for a workout today, but something came up. My son needs to go to the doctor's for an appointment. It's nothing serious, just a medication pick up, but it needs to be done. I also have to do it one more time next Thursday, which will keep me from the studio as well. not a big deal though, and I get a bike ride out of the deal. I will say I feel more competent on this program than I did on the PCP so more time alone than I had on that program won't hurt me. However, it will rob me of the opportunity to pound Patrick in Super Street Fighter IV in person after our workouts. Mexican Typhoon!
Oh well, there's always tomorrow.
More tomorrow,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. I found someone just like me! If I get too much sleep, I feel WORSE than if I get not quite enough - and if I force myself to sleep too long, I can give myself a migraine!

    Unfortunately, when lying in bed unwilling to get up, I'm usually not in the best position to be making sensible decisions :)

    I envy you your push ups ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure don't sound groggy when you throw out those fightin words!

    ReplyDelete