Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 23: Embracing the Left

Hey all,

Today I went just a bit off program and did every single rep of my jump kicks with my left leg. I wanted to really work on my left side coordination. My right has no problems, but I need to build the muscle memory with my left side. It was an odd feeling, almost like a tickle, facing the "confusion feeling" I mentioned yesterday again and again. Even by the end of my reps, I still had to concentrate to keep all things moving fluidly. My jump kicks are nothing impressiveon wither side, but I found this experiment fun. I never realized how complex a move a jump kick was until I tried to do it again and again with my off-leg. I know the KFB is about balance, so I'll go back to normal tomorrow, but training is also about facing weakness, so I think I made a good choice today.

More tomorrow,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment