Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 22: Right vs. Left or is it Left vs. Right?

Hey all,



Jump kicks have opened a new door for me. Is it one of kicking butt? No. Rather it has exposed my inner confusion. I have no problem executing a jump kick with my right leg. However, sometimes, when I do one with my left, my brain gets confused and I end up trying to kick with the wrong leg, which results in a funky jump instead of a kick. I actually have to concentrate quite a bit to make sure a set of left leg jump kicks go smoothly. It's a strange feeling when this "confusion" happens. I know a good portion of this has to do with the fact the right side of my body is my dominant side (Ironically. it's controlled by the left side of the brain). Anyone experiencing something similar?


3 comments:

  1. My little guy started out a lefty and with an injury is now a righty but he is surprising ambidextrous. He must look at me while I'm flailing much how you describe and think what a foolish Dada I look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the same level of body confusion, but I do have to pause a moment before jumping and kicking on the non-dominant side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can iron this out in 5 minutes in the studio. No worries!

    ReplyDelete