Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 28: A New Record and Time Management

Hey all,

Today my weight dipped down to 78.6. This is a new record for me. I know weight is just a number, but pre-PCP, I never thought I would see this kind of number on a scale with me on it--ever. So, yay! Needless to say, the diet is going great.

I love Saturdays. No pressure, no schedule. I can just get up and do my workout in peace. Of course, today was one of my weekly workouts because I used my day 28 workout a few days ago to save time. But, that was okay. Today went very well. I did meet failure early in the incline pull-ups, but that's the way it is sometimes. As for my mindful consumption, next time, if at all.

I'm so pleased with that video Patrick sent us about focusing on our hips in stretches. It sure made things easier for me. All this time, I've been trying to copy the pictures and not keeping my back as straight as it could be. Now, I just focus on my hips and how they can assist me. It makes the stretches far more enjoyable. I wish I had seen the video in week 2. It would have saved me a lot of stress.

My workouts still take over an hour, which I don't like nor does my family. So, I've taken steps. I've prioritized my workout. Flexibility first, Strength second, Agility third. If I get to the exercise within an hour, I do it. If not, I try to stick it in the day somewhere else or not at all. With my wife working, I've had to sacrifice sleep for my workout and all that's giving me is fatigue which makes my workday a yawn-fest and that's not a good thing. Somethings gotta give.

More tomorrow,

Sean

2 comments:

  1. Doing the things you prioritize first is a great idea! Sometimes I rush through my favorite exercises (stretching) just so I can eat dinner before passing out on my yoga mat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shivani. I really needed to hear that.

    ReplyDelete