Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 29: Deep Ox Stretch, Yeah Right.

Hey all,



Well the workout was so-so today. I started my targeted moves in the agility section with reasonable punches and disapointing kicks. Also, targeting and repositioning a ball for my kicks eats up alot of my hour. The biggest disappointment was the Deep Ox Stretch. After battling with it for two minutes and losing my balance I said to hell with it as I didn't get much past getting down on one knee.

Man, I wish I had more positive things to write about on the KFB journey, but all I'm finding out is how horrible my balance, flexibility, and patience are. And, whose fault is that? Mine of course. Thirty plus years of bad posture and not giving a damn about stretching will do that to you. I wish I could sing the songs of joy that came out of me with the PCP, but like I said in my week one blog this KFB is taking me into some dark immature places inside myself. I fear I'm going to be kicking and screaming all the way to the end. I know I'm doing something good for myself being on this program but there is a very immature part of me inside that wishes it could be doing something else. Facing this part of myself every day is no picnic either.





I'm one grumpy tiger. Grrrrr.

More tomorrow,
Sean

4 comments:

  1. A hard fact of life: it's no fun to suck at something.

    A neat part of life: it's SO fun to get good at something you used to suck at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - we all will be grumpy sometimes!

    If you can embrace being bad at something (when you realize there's no pressure and you should enjoy trying something new)... then you can start to get good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post, Sean.

    Seems like we're fighting with ourselves (literally and figuratively) everyday on this thing. Wonder what we'll find out when we face (and battle) that part of ourselves that doesn't want to do the work...

    Hope you're working through it!

    ReplyDelete